21 LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT IN MY 21 YEARS
Hey loves, (Special shout out to fellow sexy Virgos)
With only a few days(7) left to my birthday I thought I should share with you my personal persons some life lessons I have learnt in my 21 years. This year and especially this month marks a huge milestone in my life: The successful launch of a startup project my friends Vickie and Lisa and I have been working on for a while now. I will share with you the full details of what it exactly entails in another post. I have also met and networked with amazing people who are now my mentors and fast friends. Pardon the excitement.
- Stay happy, don’t depend on others to bring you happiness. If you can’t find it you have to create it. It’s just a bad phase, a bad day not a bad life
- Workout a few times a week. It does wonderful things for both your body and mind
- Take chances, be more daring, if you love someone tell them….. Read IF YOU LOVE ME, TELL ME.
- Put yourself first no matter who you fall in love with. Love yourself like it’s the only thing left to do and lastly find someone that will help you realize how important these two things are. Your life should consist of making yourself happy before giving your laughter away to someone else.
- Frame every so called disaster with these words: “in five years will this matter?”
- Friends that “dream” with you are worth keeping for life. “Hey Vickie”
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special. Again “Hey Vickie”
- Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gets you nowhere. Hospital maybe.
- Take a day a week and do something for you.
- Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
- Your GPA is important but who you know is even more important
- Understand that the world doesn’t owe you anything.
- Let your expectations be not so high that your life becomes miserable chasing unrealistic goals
- Everyone’s life is difficult. So be kind.
- Be grateful for what you have and be grateful for what you don’t have.
- Don’t worry about what others are thinking of you because nobody really cares.
- Make money and have fun
- Handle yourself with class and grace
- You never know….. Don’t judge unless you’ve walked in someone’s shoes. Remember no one likes a Judge Judy anyway
- You cannot change people. Don’t try to fix everyone around you, be it friends, family, Fiancés etc. People are who they are.
- If you want something to happen, get off your ass *Pun intended* and make it happen. No one is going to do anything for you.
You know one thing I particularly love about these kind of posts is the fact that some day my kids will be looking at my blog and be like “at least mum has written something else other than the usual very boring outfit posts”. My FIFTH born will then say “IKR, like seriously how can anyone wear such shady clothes” *Insert some blonde/lightskin accent*.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
Photos by Kevin