It’s a few(6) hours to new year, at least for those of us in Kenya. 2016 has been an amazing year. I achieved great things in different spheres of my life, I have made amazing friends and most importantly I have learnt a great deal.
Earlier this week I read a great piece on facebook by my friend and exceptional MUA Achy Brey (who by the way did my make up here), and I thought I should share it with you guys.
“Here are a few things everyone needs to focus on if you are actually prepared for a change in your life in 2017. I am not a motivational speaker but this might get someone inspired.
Forget about how you want to make more money, get the right woman to marry, travel the world, win an award, become the world champion in something, etc ( you know whatever you want whether materialistic, spiritual or psychological).
1. You need to cut off all the negative people in your life at all costs, I know some of you are stuck in the same positions you were 3 years ago because of trying to entertain negative cycles or by trying to fit in, it is time to LET THEM GO. They do nothing but to drag you away from your blessings.
2. All the negative thoughts about, you/ anyone/ something do nothing to you other than draining your energy that is needed for better things. One thing I know, somebody can never be happy or contented with oneself if all they do is stay negtive, baby you need to stay positive in everything. That way you get to win so many hearts that can lead you to achieving more than you expect.
3. Stay focused baby. FOCUS, it is needed! Do not allow distraction along the way. Move even if it means moving all alone, just do it. People will always say all the bad and good things about our progress, whatever it is keep moving, never look back. You never know how many people you inspire around your cycle, you never know how the results of staying focused are beneficial.
4. Forget about your past struggles as being your setback, instead use them as your driving force. Yes, you have suffered, so? Mang people have gone through worse, just strengthen up to something better than you were a second ago, night, ago and a year ago. You are best at everything. There is no such thing as LASTING PROBLEMS, you choose to make the necessary changes. Be your own guide….accept change.
5. Stop competing, life in not a competition, that is not necessary. Birds fly and so do insects, there is enough space for all of them to survive and so are the resources for the human race. We can all make it to our destinations, we just just fail because of trying to compare our lives to other people. Everyone has a chapter to write about their own lives, all are different. Just concentrate on yours.
6. Lastly believe in yourself! Nothing is as important as this. You can pray all you want, but if you do not believe in anything you cannot move anywhere.
I can write all day and night but you have your own drive, all those “resolutions” you have jotted down cannot be achieved without the above things.”
Start your chapter now
On to the look featured. Shorts are fun pieces everyone should incorporate in their wardrobe. They especially come in handy when the heat gets unbearable. I kept the look simple by pairing mine with a basic white tee. I wore my favorite studded sandals which I have worn every single gaddamn day since I got them on the streets of Nairobi at only 300KSH.
It’s been real.
Waltzing into 2017 like…….
See you guys Next year..
SHOP THE LOOK:
White tee and Shorts- Mr. Price
Studded sandals- Street vendor on Kimathi street
Make up by- Achy Brey
Photos by- Najos Photography